P R E A N D P O S T – C A R E I N F O R M A T I O N
Microblading Pre-Care Instructions:
Prior to your permanent cosmetic enhancement think about the look that you wish to achieve. As experts in the field of color analysis and makeovers, we ensure that the correct colors and styles are chosen for you, however you are part of the decision-making process.
Permanent cosmetic enhancements normally require multiple application sessions. To achieve the best results, you will be required to return for at least one control procedure four to six weeks after the initial application.
Be prepared for the color intensity to be significantly sharper and darker immediately after the procedure. This will subside and become softer as the skin heals. This process can take up to fourteen days.
- Since delicate skin or sensitive areas may be swollen or red, you are advised not to make social plans on the day of your enhancement.
- Please wear your normal make-up to your enhancement appointment.
- Do not take aspirin or Ibuprofen 2 days prior to and after your enhancement.
- Do not discontinue any medication before consulting your doctor.
- Keep alcohol intake to a minimum 2 days prior to and after your enhancement.
- A sensitivity test will be performed unless waived upon request.
- Do not use Retin A skincare products close to the enhancement area 1 month prior to and after your procedure.
- Do not use AHA skincare products close to the enhancement area 2 weeks prior to and after your procedure.
- As with electrolysis the National Blood Service does not accept donations of blood for 1 year after a permanent cosmetic enhancement.
Furthermore, please avoid
- Waxing treatments should be performed no less than 3 days prior to your enhancement.
- IPL laser hair removal should be performed no less than 2 weeks prior to your enhancement.
- Electrolysis treatments should be performed no less than 5 days prior to your enhancement.
- Eyebrow tinting should not be undertaken for 2 weeks after your enhancement.
Post-Procedural Care for Eyebrows Instructions:
- The area treated may show redness and swelling and that the color looks dark and intense – this is quite normal.
- Additional treatments cannot be undertaken until the area has completely healed. A 4/6 week healing time is required before any more work can be undertaken.
- In order to let your brows, heal well, avoid water on the brow area, make up to the brow area, the gym, sauna or pool for 7 days.
- Once the area has healed completely, approximately one week, consider using a waterproof total sunblock when going out in the sun to stop the color fading.
- Strong chemicals or glycolic acid/peels of any kind may cause the pigment to lighten. Always telephone and check with your consultant if in any doubt.
- Do not pick or pull at the treated area as it will result in pigment loss. You will go through three healing phases: 1-heal, 2-peel and 3-fade
- You may notice whiteness or blanching around the area, this is quite normal and will subside within 12 hours. If you find any lymphatic fluid or blood weeping you can gently clean the area with saline, cool boiled water and gauze, blotting gently dry to remove any moisture.
- With clean hands and a cotton bud apply a fine layer of aftercare balm to the treated area. Repeat this procedure up to 3 times a day if the area feels tight.
After the fine scabbing has sloughed away you will see a different hue to the color implanted.
- Giving Blood – The Red Cross have suggested that you do not give blood for 6 months following treatment.
- MRI Scans – This procedure shows up as an artifact on the scan. Some clients may experience a tingling sensation. Please notify your radiologist.
- Injectable – Dermal fillers and Botox can alter the shape of the eyebrows. The client should be advised that injectable should be carried out after a microblading procedure and not prior.
- Laser /Pulsed Light – Laser or pulsed light hair removal or skin rejuvenation treatments can cause color change – it is important to advise the therapist that you have had Microblading procedure as this cannot be rectified with another Microblading procedure.
- Color Refreshing – To keep your new brows looking at their best it is recommended that you have a color refresh procedure every 12-18 months.
*Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the post procedural care.